Thursday, January 1, 2009

Christmas Tradition

A few year's back, we had so much fun making gingerbread houses with Grandma Ina that we decided to make it an annual event. So, the first Monday in December is a pre-planned FHE to make gingerbread houses (aka graham cracker houses...). Uncle Greg and Aunt Pyper came this year and we had some pretty remarkable creations!


We went through LOTS of frosting!!!

I love to watch how different each person makes their own house. Some know exactly how they want their's to be, and then work fast and furious. Others take their time and experiment with the unlimited options. No matter the means, the end result is always awesome!

Hailey and Dad's three snowman chateau. This is the first year Hailey actually cared how her house turned out.




Elise, Uncle Greg, Riley (neighbor), Aunt Pyper, and Keith. They all were working so intensely that I couldn't divert their attention to look up at the camera!




Anyone have other fun Christmas traditions they enjoy with their family? We'd love to hear about them! Merry Christmas!

4 comments:

Peggy Eddleman said...

Wow! Those are some pretty fancy houses! We did the same this year, but our houses weren't nearly that cool. We'll have to come back to your post next year for inspiration!

Juli said...

Woohoo! I think this is an awesome post! What a great tradition. We did our first house this year... hopefully it gets better (and less messier) as time goes on.

Tara said...

What neat houses! My boys would never make it to the sticking the candies on the houses part...they would go straight to the mouth!

Nicole Fryer said...

Hey I just found your blog on Loni's. How are you guys doing. Just thought I would say hi!